Provence and the French Riviera
The French Riviera, Cote dAzur embraces the well known towns of Monaco, Nice, Antibes and Cannes and many smaller, very beautiful areas. There is no doubt about the success of the Cote dAzur through the world.
This sun-blest south east corner of France offers breathtaking countryside and the climate of the area is very Mediterranean sudden autumn rains end the panting heat of summer, and winters, particularly along the sheltered parts of the coast, tend to be mild. The Mediterranean is a rich and living sea, easy to explore nothing more than a mask and a breathing tube are necessary to admire the seabed near the beaches.
There are more than 120 hill-top villages scattered all over the Cote dAzur. Each has its own particular charm, where little crafts boutiques can be found around the bend of a narrow cobbled street. Eze, Gourdon, Vence, Theoule, Grasse and Mougins. Enjoy the pleasure of meeting artists and craftsmen in Biot, Vallauris or Grasse, who have revived the old techniques and have given life to past arts such as the creation of precious ceramics, stained glass, carved wooden figures and perfume making.
The historical cities have marked the history of the county of Nice and Provence and conceal a rich and interesting architectural heritage. It offers an exceptional baroque heritage to be discovered, with more than eighty monuments, churches, chapels, palaces and strongholds. The tourist trade was born in Nice in the eighteenth century with the winter stays of famous aristocrats, first English, then Russian and American who gave to the region a bright and fashionable way of life.
Activities for your French villa holidays
There are beautiful walking trails just behind the villa with incredible views. The villa has several mountain bikes which can be used to explore the various tracks that run into the Estérel hills.
Located within five minutes drive from the villa are floodlit tennis courts, an indoor heated swimming pool, beauty salons and a health spa with massage and aromatherapy.
The villa is four kilometers from the center of Théoule-sur-Mer where you can find several sandy beaches as well as facilities for water skiing and windsurfing.
There are some excellent golf courses in the area including the famous Royal Mougins and the old Cannes course in Mandelieu.
Guests renting Le Mas des Oliviers for your French villa holidays can arrange private cooking classes in the villa from our expert Rhode School of Cuisine chef. Email or contact us for more information.
Some other possible excursions for your French villa holidays are listed below:
- Visits to selected restaurants and food markets
- A visit to Mougin with its local galleries and boutiques
- The celebrated perfume factories in Grasse
- A visit to the open food market of Forville in Cannes
- The glass blowing factories in Biot
- A boat trip to Les Iles de Lérins and picnic on the Island
- A visit to Chateau Saint Rosline Vineyard
- The Matisse Museum and Raoul Dufy Gallery in Nice
- The goat cheese farm in Gourdon
- Visit the Maeght Gallery and shop in St. Paul de Vence
- A visit to Chateau de la Napoule
- The ceramic and pottery workshops in Valbonne
- The Renoir Museum in Cagnes-sur-Mer
- A day on Cannes beach then shopping in the afternoon
- The Picasso museums in Antibes and Vallauris
- Possible trips to St. Tropez, Nice or Monte Carlo
Click here for booking information on your French villa holidays at Le Mas des Oliviers.